draper1.gif (4694 bytes)

Blog Page

Archives: July - August 2009

August 29th, 2009

The sun is shining and the bees are working!

I didn't get a single swarm call today...the way things have been I had expected to get at least a couple today.

I've had lots of orders to do today as well as a couple of tours. Hoping to be out of here at 1:00 today because I need to start working on my daughter's car...it needs some mechanical work and it needs to be painted before she gets her regular driver's license...although I don't really want her driving in the winter...so I may take my time on the mechanical work and just get the painting done.

August 28th, 2009

Not much happening on the phones today but it's given me some time to pre-count some wooden frames and bee equipment. We have had two calls to collect swarms today, however the first call ended up being yellow jackets, the second one may or may not survive since it had been getting rained on all day. I gave a tour this afternoon and now the day is almost done.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

August 27th, 2009

Well I'm somewhat on the tired side today...we had another power outage last night and since my entire family is addicted to the sound of either a fan running or the radio playing - everyone woke up when the power went out. So I had to drive to our campsite to get our generator and hook it up at the house so everyone could have their favorite lullaby to help them sleep, however after all the work I wasn't able to get back to sleep so I have been sleep walking around here all day.

I packed up some pure propolis powder this morning, we unloaded six drums of honey from the van...

and then the fun began around lunch time - we collected 3 swarms today! I wasn't able to get any pictures of the first swarm but the 3 pictures on the left below are of the second swarm from start to finish and the picture on the far right is of the third swarm. The first swarm we collected was small but the other two were very large.

Bees in the air

Swarm landing on a tree

Swarm finally settling down

3rd swarm in a pine tree

What a crazy day!

August 26th, 2009

I just finished packing the last of our cut comb honey from last year. So far we haven't received any this year and if we aren't able to get any we will sell out of the 12 oz. cut comb and chunk honeys very soon. We have received some 8 oz. round combs produced this summer but I'm sure they won't last very long.

It's raining again and it looks like it is going to be considerably cooler for the next week with chances for showers...not good bee weather!

Here's a link to a story that should interest everyone: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,542361,00.html?test=latestnews

August 25th, 2009

It was a busy weekend, in fact I was so busy Saturday with customers that I never got a chance to blog. Over the weekend our lawnmower broke down...bummer...with all the rain that we have had this summer we have had to mow twice a week to keep the yard looking presentable and I guess it finally caught up with the mower. I looked at Sears, Lowe's, Home Depot and the John Deere dealer. Lowe's and the Home Depot didn't have anything that I wanted, Sears mowers looked really "cheap" so I ended up getting a John Deere. After all the running around I should have just gone to the John Deere dealer to begin with...their mowers have the best warranty out there and are well built.

The bees are working the Japanese Bamboo (Knotweed) now. The plant likes to grow in wet areas and is very invasive but the bees sure to like it! It makes a dark reddish colored honey. We blend the bamboo honey with other local honeys to make our Wildflower.

I had a beekeeper email the below image. I thought that it would be interesting to post it up to see if you all you can find the unmarked queen in the picture...it like playing Where's Waldo! If you can't find her click here to see her.

August 21st 2009

The crew ran honey again today well I gave a tour this morning. I printed some custom labels and after lunch I cut some cut comb and chunk honey for orders. Not much to talk about today as far as work goes but on a personal note my daughter had her first day of Kindergarten and survived...little does she know what's in store for her over the next twelve years!

August 20th, 2009

Feels like it's going to rain.

Today was the first day of school for our older kids and tomorrow my 5 year old daughter starts Kindergarten...time just goes by so quickly! I'm starting to feel like an old drone bee.

We lost power for a couple of hours this afternoon. I think we all rely on our computers too much, us included, because we sure weren't able to get much done without them. We just got our power back at 4:45 PM so I'm trying to get things done before I head home to find out how the kids did on their first day of school.

August 19th, 2009

I had a tour this morning and one this afternoon - both went well. We were bottled Clover honey during and between the tours. While I was giving the tour this morning, we had a high pressure air line rupture on our shrink band machine that just about gave the bottling crew heart attacks...fortunately the tour group wasn't in the room at the time. After the tour was over I did a quick fix on the line, but now that they are done running honey I need to get over there and make a better, more permanent repair. This seems to happen a couple of times every year - things breaking that is - and it always seems to come in threes, first was my label printer - still waiting for the part to arrive, second was one of our taping machines that we use for sealing boxes broke - I still haven't had time to look at that yet and third the shrink band machine. I sure hope that is the end of things breaking for awhile!

4:50 PM - Good News...I was able to fix the shrink band machine and the taper this afternoon for just under $ 20.00. It's not often that I can get things repaired that inexpensively. I replaced 3 feet of air line and added some brass fitting to the shrink band machine and all the taper needed was a friction retaining ring on a rod that holds the cutter in place. I was able to get everything I needed at the local hardware store, which by the way is owned by my second cousin. I was hoping to receive the part for the printer today but it didn't come in...maybe tomorrow.

August 18th, 2009

It's still nice and warm out...but we just had one heck of a thunderstorm roll through. I have been busy doing lots of different things today. I started out printing some custom honey labels then I bottled and labeled 130 - 1 oz. jars of honey for a customer that will be handing them out as gifts for the upcoming Jewish New Year. I then repaired a Senco nail gun for my uncle who is a local contractor and beekeeper. We also packed bee pollen in to jars plus we had walk in customers and 1 tour and of course our normal online orders to be shipped...overall it's been a busy day. Tomorrow we have a tour group coming in plus we have to bottle Clover honey

August 15th, 2009

It's been another bee-utifully busy day! I have had people in and out all day. My first customer was here right at 8:00 AM (Hi Mike...yes it was you!) and I had people in non-stop until 12:30 PM. As I am sitting here typing this another customer is pulling in. Ok took care of that...that customer pretty much took all of the Ross Round Comb honey supplies that we had in stock. He is expecting to produce a lot of comb honey, that is, if the weather continues to cooperate.

I have a queen sitting on the desk that needs to be put back into the queen bank hive...so I'm off to start the smoker and hopefully not get stung!

Have a Great weekend everyone!

August 14th, 2009

We ran a tank of Buckwheat honey this morning, mostly into jars, so that took up most of my morning. It was going along great but then I had a little accident while moving a 5 lb. jar from the table to the shrink band machine...I hit the jar on the side of the machine and dropped it. I tried to catch it, but it hit the side of the table and shattered into a thousand pieces, so all a caught was a hand full of sharp glass. I cut one finger all the way to the bone and I'm finding it hard to type this blog. I've put propolis tincture on it and wrapped it up. I guess I will have to increase my intake of royal jelly and propolis to get it healed up as quickly as possible. Not only did I get cut but I also got covered in honey from head to toe...fortunately I didn't attract any bears!

I am still having some problems with my label printer and am trying to get parts for it. It's not easy getting parts for a printer that isn't very widely used.

I also gave a couple of tours today.

The bees are working the Jewel Weed today - pictured below.

When the bees work the Jewel Weed they can get a white pollen coating on their backs. The honey is super clear and very good tasting but it is always blended in with other honeys and is not usually sold on it's own.

August 12th, 2009

I'm back from the fair...it was a mad house over there but we got through it and I hope the kids learned something.

We finally got in the Italian/Russian queens in, but we have already sold all but 2 of them so I'm not even going to add them to the queen order page because I'm sure they will be gone by the end of the day.

We have continued to have some thunderstorms but fortunately they have been spaced out enough that the bees have been able to get outside and work. I saw my first bee on a Goldenrod plant this morning collecting pollen. The early blooming Goldenrod is a good source of pollen for the bees but its the Goldenrod that blooms later that is a better source of nectar for the bees.

The swarm we caught yesterday, that was on the ground - "flew the coup". When we went up and checked the hive this morning they were all gone. After thinking about it...I'm pretty sure now that they had originally landed in the apple tree above where I found them and that rain and wind from one of the thunderstorms we had yesterday knocked them down on the ground. For whatever reason they didn't want to stay in the hive we had for them so they took off...I looked around but wasn't able to find them...I wish them well but it's kind of late in the season to be swarming off like that and it's going to be hard form them to get enough honey stored up before winter...good luck honeybees!

August 11th, 2009

I had a busy weekend and just never got a chance to blog...sorry.

The warmer weather has been great for the bees! They are working the Knapweed hard and it shows...the hives are finally starting to fill up with honey. We are hoping that it will continue this way until at least the end of September!

We had an unusual swarm to collect today. When I was walking home for my lunch break I noticed some bees flying around and upon closer inspection I saw the swarm on the ground, which is not typically where the bees go, they normally land in a bush or tree up off the ground.

We ended up having to use the bee vacuum to catch the swarm. We will give them a couple of days to get settled down in their new home and then we will inspect the hive. I suspect that they may have a bad queen simply because she lead them to the ground, although it is possible that a bird attempted to eat the queen during flight and she was injured an fell to the ground...it's hard to say for sure.

I finally got around to marking the queen in our observation hive this afternoon. I have to go to the Tioga County Fair tomorrow and I wanted to get her marked before then...nothing like waiting until the last moment.

August 7th, 2009

It's been one heck of a day! Bill had a doctors appointment this morning so I was by myself and it got very busy around here. I did manage to get a few U.P.S. orders shipped out this morning but starting around 10:00 AM people started coming in. I had 4 tours consecutively and didn't get a break until around 1:30 PM when Bill got back in the office and we still had people coming in when I left for my lunch break. When I got back and started printing labels my label printer broke down and in the process of trying to fix it a small hex head bolt stripped out on me, so I had to drill it out. I was able to get it out and get the printer working again but it sure is stressful!

August 6th, 2009

Another nice day and it's about time!

I have been working on some outside projects most of the day. I put some clear sealer on our little deck outside of the office and on our outside bench. I also had some other things that needed some small repairs and I got the delivery van ready to make deliveries next week. I had to go get some parts at NAPA for the van and man there is road construction everywhere you go...I had to sit for 20 minutes waiting for the road to open. I am almost looking forward to winter so I don't have to deal with all the construction!

We bottled some flavored crystallized honey this afternoon. We add a blueberry and raspberry oil to the honey to flavor it...my kids love it! It is especially good with peanut butter!

My brother was in today and we talked a little about the bees, he has had just as many problems as the rest of us. He said that he has lost about 20% of the splits that he made back in June due to the poor weather. When he makes a split he just divides the hive and lets the bees make a new queen, however in poor weather this doesn't work very well. It's just one of those things that can't be predicted, you just have to expect those years that things don't go as planned and deal with it.

The bees are all over the Knapweed today so things are looking up!

August 5th, 2009

11:15 AM - I had to take my son to Williamsport to see his dentist yesterday so I just didn't get a chance to continue yesterday's blogging.

We are running approximately 5,800 lbs of Wildflower honey today into jars and some 5 gallon pails. We are getting a short respite from running honey as Bill had to go pick up some queen bees. Speaking of queen bees...I just got off the phone with a northern producer of queens and we have ordered 15 - Russian/Italian highbred queens. He plans on having them shipped out today, so we should have them for sale before the weekend. We have sold these queens in the past and they are very nice bees and being northern bred they are good wintering bees too.

4:00 PM - It took most of the day just to run the honey. I fixed the lawn mower, then I had to disassemble one of the machines we use while bottling honey to fix a part and I'm now working on printing labels.

The queen producer I was talking with this morning has had the same kind of problems that we have had this season with the weather, in fact he said that it has been the second coldest July in recorded history in his area. The bees are out working hard today and I have seen the first of the Goldenrod starting to flower...lets hope for good weather for the next month at least!

August 4th, 2009

9:15 AM - When I got in the office this morning I noticed that one of the observation hives had swarmed again. They left yesterday and one of the guys was able to catch the swarm and hive them. There sure aren't many bees left in the observation hive though. If you look at the BeeCam you can see that there are only a few bees visible. Hopefully the brood is able to stay warm enough.

The queens that were shipped last week didn't make it here until Monday morning. The good news is that we only lost 1 queen.

August 1st, 2009

10:15 AM - Wow...the sun is actually shining bright this morning! Hope it stays that way!

The queens we were expecting didn't show up this morning...which concerns me because if they end up sitting somewhere over the weekend we may lose them. They were shipped by Priority Mail on Tuesday and once again the Post Office as dropped the preverbal ball as the queens should have been here yesterday. The postal service has lost a lot of business with us because they just can't be trusted to get packages delivered on time. We ship all of our queens via U.P.S. now, they may be more expensive, but at least packages get delivered when they are supposed to.

The way the weather has been the observation hive workers have been kicking all the drone bees out. This happens when the bees feel that they do not have enough honey stored away for themselves and the developing larvae. The poor drones get forced out to conserve what honey they have and the poor guys will most likely perish. If it's happening in our observation hives then it is happening in our regular hives also.

July 31st, 2009

Can anyone tell me why it's raining again? It's unbelievable...I don't ever remember having this much rain all summer long.

We are expecting some Italian queens to arrive today or tomorrow at the Post Office. Hopefully they didn't get drowned during shipment...darn rain! Sales of queens normally start slowing down now but we have continued to sell them.

I have to go check the oil, tires, etc. on our delivery van so we can load it to go to the New York City area next week on deliveries.

During my lunch break I saw one of the new Dell computer commercials. The one guy is putting his hat on and the other guy suddenly appears from somewhere and has to reattach his overalls (what was he doing?) and they are singing "lollipop, lollipop" the whole time. Maybe it's just me but I found that commercial to be quite disturbing. If you haven't seen it you can here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijH3cRJ1BY - but be warned it's creepy.

July 30th, 2009

We had the big bus tour this morning and it went very well. I believe that the people were pleasantly surprised on their "surprise" tour of our place. Right after they left here we had two more walk in tours come in. Bonnie did one and I did the other one. I like giving the tours but my label printing is getting further behind because of them.

While giving the tours I saw that the bees are working on the Knapweed (pictured below). The honey that the bees get from it has an almost purple tint to it.

The weather so far today has been nice. I hope it stays that way not only for the bees sake but also so I can get the lawn mowed tonight.

I just heard from a comb honey producer in Ohio and he said that his production is way down this year just like everyone else's. We are starting to ration the sales of our bulk honey just because we are concerned about future supplies. If you are a beekeeper with some extra honey on hand please give us a call...thanks!

July 29th, 2009

I'm still working on printing labels with no end in sight yet and, of course, it's raining again. I'm hoping that maybe summer will start August 1st and then continue until November...ahhh that would be nice.

Allen (employee) is painting all the door frames around the warehouse today. Everywhere I go there is wet paint...I afraid to touch anything.

We have had a couple of walk in tours today. I sure hope that we don't get any while the big tour group is here tomorrow. I haven't taken the time yet to set up for tomorrow. I really need to take an hour this afternoon to get ready but I'm trying to get as many of the label orders printed before U.P.S. gets here. You may be thinking "why are you blogging if you have labels to print?" well when the labels are printing and I have time to blog a little. While I have been blogging I just had two more orders for labels come in.

Bill worked on the observation hive yesterday, his intentions were to take out a frame of brood and mark the queen, however he wasn't able to find her and just put everything back after removing the frame of brood. Well we found her in the hive today and the bees already have built up the comb on the new frame. I will have to open it back up and mark her later this week.

July 28th, 2009

I'm back and my vacation was over too soon...as vacations always are. We got some things done in between all the thunderstorms...finished the new deck, went fishing, had a couple of picnics, cut firewood, etc. My poor son though had to have all 4 of his wisdom teeth removed and is not a "happy camper".

There was a stack a things for me to do on my desk when I came in this morning, so much in fact that it is going to take at least a couple of days just to get through it. Most of the work that I need to get done is custom label printing. Must be some honey being made out there somewhere, but it sure isn't in our area, at least, not yet.

We have another 50 person tour coming in on Thursday. The people that are coming are touring our area on a bus and from what I understand we are the "surprise" tour of the day and that they have not been told what the surprise tour is. I bet that none of them are expecting the surprise tour to be a beekeeping place. I hope the weather is nice that day.

The bees are working hard on the white dutch clover in my yard and I'm afraid to mow it. I may have to do it at night so that I won't kill any bees, but then I'll be taking away the blossoms that they love...what to do? I might end up having to hay my yard once the clover is done blooming although if it keeps raining like it has been it probably won't stop blooming...sorry bees I'm going to have to mow it. (Sorry blog readers the above statement was just me day dreaming at work about 1 of the many chores I need to get done.)

July 17th, 2009

This is my last day of work for awhile anyway...I'm going on vacation for a week.

It's raining right now and I hope it clears up for tomorrow. It's my birthday and we are hoping to have a family picnic. It's going to be a busy week at my place even though I'm on vacation. We have lots of things to do and not only is it my birthday tomorrow but on July 22nd my wife and I will have been married for 20 years. I have no idea what we will be doing for that...I suppose that I should get something to surprise her...I still have a few days to think about it.

Today I've been working on printing labels and I bottled 10 cases of flavored honey. I did 5 cases of Blueberry and 5 cases of Raspberry flavored honey. We have a small bottler that holds just 60 pounds of honey. I fill the bottler up with Orange Blossom honey, add a natural flavor to it, stir it in and then pack it into 1 lb. jars...it has a wonderful taste!

Our Rabbi was just here...he stops in every couple of months to make sure we are still meeting the requirements to have the Kosher - OU on the labels of our honey jars. He's a good guy and always buys some honey for his wife when he is here.

I just had to go up and get a queen for a customer in the rain. Getting queens in the rain is not fun...the bees do not like being bothered when it's raining! I got stung a couple of times right on the end of the same finger...ouch!

I may or may not find time to get online and add to this blog...all depends on how busy we get. I'll be back on July 28th for sure. Hope you all have a wonderful week - I'm sure I will!

July 16th, 2009

9:30 AM - Didn't get a chance to blog yesterday. We ran 3,425 pounds of Clover honey into jars yesterday and with Al on vacation I had to prep the tank and then clean up afterwards. It's a lot of work packing honey...bottling the honey isn't all that bad - it just takes time, however the clean up afterwards is what's hard. I had to hose everything down with 185 F water...needless to say it ends up being like a sauna in the tank room. Once everything is hosed off I like to dry everything before reassembling it. It takes quite a bit of time to get it all done and a change of cloths when it's all finished.

I have a tour of 31 people coming in this morning around 10:00 AM so I need to go and prepare for it. This is my last tour before I go on vacation next week. It will be great to get away for a week and by "get away" I mean work around home probably just as hard or harder then I do here at work, but at least I can take a break any time I want when I'm at home and jump in the pool.

12:30 PM - The tour went well and I'm glad to be done with tours for awhile anyway...my throat is getting soar from all the talking!

I will be spending the rest of my day getting caught up on custom label printing. One way or the other I will have all the existing orders done before I go on vacation. Any customers out there that are interested in having labels printed, I'm sorry, but you will have to wait until I return on July 28th before anything gets done. I'm the only one here that knows how use the label printing software and hardware...it's good to be indispensable!

July 14th, 2009

We have been very busy again today. I have printed over 2,500 custom labels today for customers. We will be running honey tomorrow so I also had to print up the nutrition labels for that honey run also. The printer has been getting a work out today but I have been just sitting here. I would rather be out working on something then just sitting here in front of the computer. At least I don't have to do this every day!

The weather continues to be nice but we hate to get too excited about it. We have been contacted everyday by other honey packers that are looking for bulk honey. Which goes to show that spring production is down all over the country. Hopefully soon we will have some honey to extract!

July 13th, 2009

It's Monday and here I am at work on my day off. We had scheduled a large tour group of 50 people for today so I had to work...it went great though! The people were interested and were here for over 2 hours. The big bus tours are definitely better for business then the school tours that come in, but it is important to educate our kids so I'm happy to do that as well. We have smaller tour coming in this Thursday and then another big 50 person bus tour on July 30th.

It has been perfect bee weather for the last few days and they are busy working the Milkweed and Clover today. We sure hope it stays this way for awhile!

July 11th, 2009

It's been another very busy day! It started out slow and I was able to start preparing for the big tour on Monday by cleaning up the warehouse, but it sure got busy around 9:30 AM and I have had people here since then until closing and it is 1:45 PM as I type this.

I found a few beekeeping items that I have just put up in our "Used Items" section on special. I did have a few more items but I ended up selling them today to walk in customers.

It is really starting to look gloomy outside, they say that we may get a severe thunderstorm today. I guess I should get home before the storm gets here.

Have a Fantastic Day!

July 10th, 2009

9:50 AM - Someone went and opened a big-ole can of crazy on me yesterday, so I didn't have time to post anything on the blog...sorry!

Bill finished checking our bees and didn't find any mites after our last treatment with an herbal compound. Overall our bees are doing good and with the nice weather we are hoping that they will be able to get out and start working on the Clover. They have been out working on the Sumac all week and in some areas the Basswood is poised to start blossoming. If the weather continues to be nice we may still have a good year at least as far as honey production goes.

We have a tour coming in this afternoon so I have to get ready for that.

4:45 PM - The tour group has come and gone and all went well! The people that came were a local group of ladies called the "Red Hat Society" and 1 lone guy...so the men were defiantly outnumbered but we managed to survive. As you may have guessed the ladies all wore red hats, except for one, that had a purple hat because her birth is this month. They were a lot of fun! I have a big group of 50 people coming for a tour on Monday also so today was just a warm up for the big event.

July 8th, 2009

It has been a very busy day. We finished up the cut comb honey and even extracted some honey for a local beekeeper, plus we have had a lot of walk in customers today.

For some reason we have had a lot of bees flying around the buildings today. Some customers were a little hesitant to even get out of their vehicles. I had to go out an assure them that it was ok to get out of their vehicle and that they wouldn't get stung...fortunately no one got stung!

Bill should be finishing up checking the bees today. I'll let you know how out hives are doing tomorrow.

July 7th, 2009

I hope you all had a Great Independence Day! The weather was actually quite nice over the weekend although it rained a little here this morning.

We collected a swarm today from one of our own hives. The swarm was about 10 feet of the ground. Al took our forklift up and using a pallet he was able to get right to the swarm and hive the bees. With all the rain it has been hard to go out and check on the bees...thus some are swarming. Bill is out today checking the hives, I hope he doesn't get stuck as some of our beesites are a little hard to get into when the ground is so soft.

We are working on comb honey again...It's a sticky job but someone has to do it!

We sent an order to Japan today, it seems that we are sending more and more orders overseas. The shipping is often more expensive then the product ordered.

We have been talking to many different beekeepers from all over the country and spring honey production in the U.S.A. is definitely down this year. If we don't get a summer or fall honey flow we are going to start running out of honey to sell. Let's hope that the weather improves!

Both of our observation hives are doing great and in fact the one hive is getting ready to swarm again. I plan on preventing it this time by removing a frame of brood. I will probably add that frame to the swarm we caught today to give them a boost. I also have to mark the queens in the observation hives. I have had to groups of people in here to look at the bees and I haven't been able to find her...I think she is shy.

July 3rd, 2009

Sorry...I didn't post anything yesterday. I was having a rough day...I installed a new printer and it always seems that when I add something new that something else gets messed up...sometimes I really hate computers. Some how the new printer drivers affected another printer and I was here until 9:00 PM getting things back into working order.

It has been raining again today and it sure doesn't feel like July. The bees are robbing from each other which makes them very grouchy. There's not much for them to do with all this rain. I'm afraid that they are going to eat up all the honey that they have stored before we get any good weather. If that happens the queen will stop laying eggs and the hives will just get weaker. Which means we will have to start feeding them all just to get them built up for winter. We are hoping for some nice weather soon...please let there be sun!

We finally got some time to work on the cut comb honey.

We cut the comb right out of the frame and then let it drain for awhile on a stainless steel rack. The honey drips down and runs into on melter where we will warm it up and then run it into a tank of wildflower honey. The combs then get placed in a small plastic box are labeled and then sold.

We also were making up some chunk honey. We cut a piece of comb honey and put it in a jar, then fill the jar with orange blossom honey. The chunk honey is very popular because you can get comb honey treat anytime you want it, plus you can take some liquid honey out of the jar to add to your coffee or tea.

Al was bottling crystallized at the same time we were working on the comb honey. We fill a bottling tank with a light honey and then add some honey that is already crystallized to "seed" the rest of the honey. We have to use a powered pump to bottle the jars because the honey is very thick. The jars are moved to a climate controlled room so the honey can "set up". When it is totally crystallized we will label it and sell it as a crystallized honey spread.

I won't be here tomorrow on July 4th...so I won't be posting again until next Tuesday. I wish everyone a safe and hopefully rain free 4th of July!

July 1st, 2009

11:50 PM - It's not raining yet but we are expecting some at any time.

I went up and got 2 queens and didn't get stung...I think is going to be a good day!

I just got in an order for 2,250 custom printed labels so I have been busy printing them up this morning.

4:30 PM - No rain yet, hopefully it passes us by this time!

I had 2 groups of people stop in for tours today right around lunch time so I didn't get to shovel any food into my mouth until about 3:30 PM. The tour groups were fun but by the end of the second tour I was getting somewhat fatigued. There were 3 little girls in the first group and they were all beautiful, charming and very well behaved. They weren't afraid to ask questions and it seemed that they really liked learning about the bees. I think they particularly liked tasting the different honeys. Girls if you read this you are welcome to come back at any time!

5:30 PM - I just had another group of people stop in to see the bees. I like talking with people but I sure haven't had time to get much work done this afternoon. It's time to go home and work in the garden - so much to do, so little time!

Hit Counter


Home / Bee-Cam / Main Supplies Page / Woodenware / Foundation
Protective Gear & Equipment / Extracting Equipment / Misc. Supplies / Pest & Disease Controls
Containers / Custom Printed Labels / Observation Hives / Videos / Used Equipment
Beekeeping books / New Items Package Bees & Queens / Hot Topics / Beginners Kit /
Honeybee Products (honey, pollen, propolis, royal jelly, etc.)Jukebox /
/ Questions and Comments / About Us / Links / Pictures / Games /

mail.gif (1311 bytes)

Click on the mail box to email us or call our toll free 800-233-4273

Content 2010 Draper's Super Bee Apiaries, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Logos and Trade names are registered trademarks of their respective companies.

he statements on this web site have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

If you have any questions about this website you can contact me directly at: webmaster@draperbee.com
Thank You for coming to our site, and I hope that you enjoyed it!
Royal W. Draper